All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionToo many of us hold our physical, mental and emotional pain within our bodies, where it slows energy, manifests as tension and can have a damaging impact upon our health. In his new book, Noah Karrasch shows that wellbeing and healing come from the detangling of blocked emotions and the restoration of the free flow of energy through the body. Written for bodywork and manual therapy practitioners from a wide variety of disciplines, as well as other healers who want to expand their skills, this generously illustrated book explains how and where emotions and static energy are held in the body, and how they can be released and rebalanced in therapies that challenge bodymindcore awareness. It includes many new ideas and techniques: useful conversation starters to help practitioners encourage clients to self-identify their challenges, detailed explanations of myofascial release techniques and self-reflective exercises designed to first help the practitioner truly understand the process for him or herself, through his or her own body, in order to become a more empathetic and effective therapist. This important book will enable bodywork and manual therapy practitioners to work more confidently, and more intuitively, with their clients.
- Author BiographyNoah Karrasch is an advanced certified Rolfer and licensed massage therapist of twenty-five years practice, and holds a teaching degree from the University of Missouri, Columbia. He teaches core bodywork skills throughout the Midwest and in the UK and also works regularly with the Wren Clinic in East London, UK. Noah lives and works in Springfield, Missouri. He is the author of Meet Your Body: CORE Bodywork and Rolfing Tools to Release Bodymindcore Trauma, also published by Singing Dragon.
- Author(s)C. Norman Shealy,Noah Karrasch
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/01/2012
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSinging Dragon
- Content Note51 black and white line drawings
- Weight408 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Amy Rizza,Julie Zaslow
- Foreword byC. Norman Shealy
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.82Trending at AU $7.34
- AU $63.09Trending at AU $76.70
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.83Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.