All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnable to find a manufacturer to build his new design, Leland James, the founder of Consolidated Freightways, founded what would become Freightliner. Photographs handpicked from the Freightliner Corporate Archives, combined with in-depth captions, document Freightliner trucks from those first trucks up to its partnership with Daimler Chrysler. Through the years Freighliners trucks brought many invations including the all-aluminum cab, the integrated aluminum sleeper compartment and the full 90 degree tilt cab, all documented in the book.
- Author BiographyAn avid reader and researcher, <b>Robert Gabrick</b> became interested in trucks and all things mechanical at an early age. Since then Mr. Gabrick went on to become a history teacher, researcher, and writer. He has been awarded 26 separate fellowships and grants for his historical research and papers. About his current truck research, Mr. Gabrick said, The subject is really about history...it is important to preserve the history of these topics. His latest books have earned him the well deserved nickname The Caption King for his well-researched, informative captions.</p>
- Author(s)Robert Gabrick
- Date of Publication01/04/2003
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Place of PublicationWisconsin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width254 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.80
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.