All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBack in 1993, graphic designer brothers Markus and Daniel Freitag were on the lookout for a messenger bag. Inspired by the cheerfully colored trucks rumbling along the highway that crossed the city of Zurich just in front of their apartment, they cut a messenger bag out of an old truck tarpaulin. The shoulder strap was fashioned from used car seatbelts, while an old bicycle inner tube provided the edging. Freitag bags soon became fashionable and the Freitag company w employs more than 120 people. The publication uses the example of Freitag to show that design does t end with the product. The history, products, manufacture, organization, distribution, marketing, and reception are explained, commented upon, and presented in often surprising ways. On the occasion of an exhibition dedicated to the Freitag story at Museum of Design Zurich, Lars Muller Publishers will publish a generously illustrated paperback book that includes interviews, documentation, and essays on the Freitag concept and its history.
- Author BiographyMARKUS and DANIEL FREITAG are both graphic designers and founded Freitag in 1993.
- PublisherLars Muller Publishers
- Date of Publication01/05/2012
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationBaden
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintLars Muller Publishers
- Content Note200
- Weight272 g
- Width116 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byMuseum of Design Zurich
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $33.19
- AU $34.13Trending at AU $37.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.