Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from French Affairs, Vol. 1 of 2: Letters From Paris If Heinrich Heine had a predominant characteristic, or aught in which he greatly surpassed all writers of his time, it was that he thing touched which he did t adorn. The world is naturally eugh guided in its reading by mere subjects and titles - but this would hardly be the way to treat the works of a writer who, whether he had discussed paving-stones or quadratic equations, would, while fully imparting the practical or scientific view of the subject, have been sure to have woven into it wit, pathos, and quaint or bizarre reflections with much human gossip, even as he did when setting forth the very unpromising subject of German metaphysics. In this he reminds us of a brilliant butterfly, which, whether it flutter in arabesque circles, as in an airy dance, over flowers, weeds, rocks, muddy marshes, or sandy plains, is always the same beautiful object, giving a charm to that over which it passes. I cant resist the conviction that, if the works of Heine are very unequally kwn or liked, it is due to an igrance of this fact. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Unknown Author
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication26/11/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight549 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.