All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis invaluable resource by one of the world's leading experts in French cinema presents a coherent overview of French cinema in the 20th century and its place and function in French society. Each filmography includes 101 films listed chrologically (Volume 1: 1929-1939 and Volume 2: 1940-1958) and provides accessible points of entry into the remarkable world of 20th-century French cinema. All entries contain a list of cast members and characters, production details, an overview of the film's cultural and historical significance, and a critical summary of the film's plot and narrative structure. Each volume includes an appendix listing rewards earned and an extensive reference list for further reading and research. A third volume, covering the period 1958-1974, is forthcoming.
- Author BiographyColin Crisp is a leading scholar in French film history and author of The Classic French Cinema, 1930-1960 (IUP, 1993) and Genre, Myth, and Convention in the French Cinema, 1929-1939 (IUP, 2002).
- Author(s)Colin Crisp
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication29/06/2015
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $14.91
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.