Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionFaux amis (or false friends ) are French words that look and sound like English words but have entirely different meanings than what you expect, causing potential misunderstandings and awkward situations. French Faux Amis: The Combined Book will help you avoid these embarrassing misunderstandings. It's written in conversational language and it's easy and fun to read. You'll learn how each French word differs from the English one and see it used correctly in example sentences. And you'll find that you'll learn most of these faux amis without having to consciously memorize them, simply because they are so interesting.
- Author(s)Saul H Rosenthal
- Date of Publication01/02/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight640 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.