All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMore than a cookbook, French Food Safari is a glimpse into a way of life that celebrates one of the best cuisines on the planet. A sumptuous collection of foolproof recipes and gorgeous photography of France. French Food Safari is a celebration of the exquisite pleasure of eating French cuisine in all its delicious complexity. The French grow up kwing the seasons for scallops and asparagus, how to choose an artichoke, what a roast chicken should really taste like, and that cheese always comes before dessert. Explore Paris and regional France with first-class French chefs and artisanal producers, and uncover a nation that truly treasures food. Meet the acclaimed Alain Ducasse, with an unprecedented nineteen Michelin stars; the father of modern French cooking Paul Bocuse; legendary chef Guy Savoy, who has restaurants on three continents; and the incomparable king of sweets, Pierre Herme. Some of the world's most celebrated French culinary masterpieces feature alongside traditional, rustic family favorites. Offering simple, foolproof recipes that anyone can cook at home, French Food Safari is a delicious journey across the length of France sure to inspire any cook.
- Author BiographyMaeve O'Meara's life revolves around food tasting, talking, writing, cooking, filming, and simply reveling in the vast array of food and its many amazing incarnations among the cuisines of the world. Maeve is the presenter of the Food Safari television series watched on television worldwide, and she has spent many years traveling and discovering food. French-born chef Guillaume Brahimi trained with French master and Michelin-starred Joel Robuchon in Paris before moving to Sydney, Australia, where he opened the award-winning restaurant Guillaume at Bennelong in the iconic Sydney Opera House. His other restaurants are in Melbourne and Perth.
- Author(s)Guillaume Brahimi,Maeve O'Meara
- PublisherHardie Grant Books
- Date of Publication05/11/2013
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHardie Grant Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight1474 g
- Width218 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.