Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionJust six or seven generations separate the France of Napoleon from that of today's Fifth Republic. Yet the closeness of the past explored in this book, and the resonances that reverberate down through the years, are matched by transformations so profound that they can at times obscure the powerful continuities. The contributors to this major new history of modern France are alive to these contrasting elements and the tensions they induce. Within a clear chrological framework, they aim to present diversity but in a way that is comprehensible: to keep the colours and textures of the period but within a recognizable political context. Proper place is given to social and cultural history but always with a strong sense of the national and international events swirling around an 'histoire de tous les jours', a 'history of the everyday'.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication30/09/1999
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Arnold
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight630 g
- Width157 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byMartin S. Alexander
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.