All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe directors of the French New Wave were the original film geeks a collection of celluloid-crazed cinphiles with a background in film criticism and a love for American auteurs. Having spent countless hours slumped in Parisian cinmathques, they armed themselves with handheld cameras, rejected conventions, and successfully moved movies out of the studios and on to the streets at the end of the 1950s. By the mid-1960s, the likes of Jean-Luc Godard, Franois Truffaut and Claude Chabrol had changed the rules of filmmaking forever, but the movement as such was over. This guide reviews and analyses all of the major films in the movement and offers profiles of its principal stars, such as Jean-Paul Belmondo, Anna Karina and Brigitte Bardot.
- Author BiographyChris Wiegand writes for Boxoffice Magazine, Crime Time, Film Threat, and bbc.co.uk. He is also the author of Federico Fellini: The Complete Films.
- Author(s)Chris Wiegand
- PublisherOldcastle Books Ltd
- Date of Publication29/11/2012
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationHarpenden, Herts
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPocket Essentials
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight142 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.