All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMarco Polo French Riviera: the Travel Guide with Insider Tips Experience all of the Cote d'Azur's attractions with this up-to-date, authoritative guide, complete with 'Best Of' recommendations. You'll find the best hotels, authentic restaurants, the region's trendiest places and night spots; get tips on shopping and what to do on a limited budget; plus plenty of ideas for travel with kids, sports and an overview of the most interesting festivals and events along the coast. Also contains: the Perfect Route, Travel Tips, Links, Blogs, Apps & more, French phrasebook and index. The Cote d'Azur is the ultimate product of the modern leisure society, a playground of the jet-setting elite, where the luxury world of the coast, with its palaces, chic harbour fronts, exotic gardens and azure sea, contrasts with the tranquillity, dramatic landscapes and remote mountain villages of the interior. MARCO POLO French Riviera takes you along the coast, and through three of France's most beautiful departements: Alpes-Maritimes, Var and Alpes-de-Haute-Provence. This practical pocket-sized guide visits all the classic destinations between Toulon and Menton. The 'Perfect Route' takes you to the most idyllic stretches of coast as well as the most beautiful villages and the best natural scenery inland. The Best Of pages highlight some unique aspects of the Cote d'Azur, recommend things to do for free, and have tips for rainy days and where you can relax and unwind. Discover What's Hot on the coast, whether glamping (camping in style) or tea mania, which has really established itself in this country of coffee drinkers. The Insider Tips reveal where flower petals are crystallised and turned into sweets and where in Nice you can immerse yourself in the art of Yves Klein. The Trips & Tours take you to the 'land of perfume' around Grasse, to wild gorges and mountain villages in breathtaking locations. The Dos & Don'ts explain why your swimming trunks might cause you problems in St Tropez and why you should keep your hands off those beautifully hand-painted olive oil bottles. MARCO POLO French Riviera provides comprehensive coverage of the region, including Monaco. To help you get around there's a detailed road atlas inside, city maps of Cannes and Nice in the backcover, plus a handy pull-out map.
- Author BiographyMarco Polo Travel Publishing offers a wide range of high quality cartographic products and travel guides. Marco Polo Pocket Guides are known for their handy, compact format and Insider Tips. Our Travel Handbooks are the first to include infographics and our Spiral Guides feature unique lay-flat spiral binding. Marco Polo Maps are famous for the high quality of cartography in their Country, City and Holiday Maps.
- Author(s)Marco Polo
- PublisherMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMarco Polo Travel Guides
- Place of PublicationOstfildern
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Content Notecol. Illustrations, col. maps
- Weight290 g
- Width107 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.