All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionUsing an original mode of presentation, the 'textbite', this book seeks to approach the French vocabulary from as many angles as possible - showing how French words are constructed, the difficulties inherent in defining a word, the relationships words enter into, their origins, and recent trends in word formation. Examples and exercises are provided throughout.
- Author BiographyMalcolm Offord is Reader in French at the University of Nottingham and has published a number of books and articles on the French language. His major publications include Using French: a Guide to Contemporary Usage (CUP) and Using French Synonyms (CUP), both co-authored with R.E. Batchelor, Varieties of Contemporary French (Macmillan), French Sociolinguistic Reader (Multilingual Matters).
- Author(s)Malcolm Offord
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2000
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Series TitleModern Language in Practice
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 14
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Weight222 g
- Width171 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.