All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionFresh Air is an exhilarating, freewheeling ride through landscapes and languages. The poems, all written on the move (tramping the Gobi desert, cycling in Irish drizzle, paddling in Tonga) have the fizz of travellers' tales, the enchantment and the melancholy of the open road. The Story of Molecule tells the tale of Molloy Gillies ('Molecule'), a semi-detached twelve-year-old who one night takes his bike from the shed and pedals off to escape Evolution. In Gallas' comical, heartbreaking sonnet-picaresque, Molecule encounters dangers, kindness, police cars and mauri on the roads of the South Island, while his father, his aunt, a bathroom fitter and a police chief wonder what life, and freedom, are all about. Together, these two books explore a world newly discovered in the imagination: 'Imagine: in the atlas of my soul / I could t make a thing so lovely.'
- Author BiographyJohn Gallas isa teacher of special needs children with more than 20 years of experience, most recently working with the Leicestershire Student Support Service. He is the author of sevenpoetry collections, including Forty Lies, and the editor of The Song Atlas.
- Author(s)John Gallas
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication28/06/2012
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarcanet Press Ltd
- Weight272 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.