All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionFreshwater Crayfish Aquaculture in North America, Europe, and Australia is the first text to summarize the methods of culture for the eight most important crayfish species in the world. Methods developed to culture crayfishes around the world differ significantly, and this book enables readers to develop workable strategies for cultivating different crayfish species in specific environments. Huner and associate authors cover the following topics in detail: methods of crayfish culture crayfish diseases crayfish processing economics of crayfish culture Each of the the three major crayfish industries are well-represented in this new book and special attention is given to the specific needs and accomplishments of each area, which is beneficial to producers in other countries. For example, while hatching technology has been important in Australia and Europe, it hasn?t yet been applied to any degree in North America. At the same time, North America has developed a major crayfish processing industry. Disease problems have resulted in more emphasis on that subject in Europe and yet it is vital to all involved in crayfish aquaculture. Businessmen, farmers, scientists, laymen, or students need to be exposed to the methods and problems associated with crayfish production in different parts of the world if they are to be successful in any crayfish project, whether it be research- or profit-oriented. Freshwater Crayfish Aquaculture in North America, Europe, and Australia is intended to provide all readers with one source of information on the subject of freshwater crayfish aquaculture. Professional staff, advanced students, and extension personnel will find the entire text beneficial. Those in corporate organizations and the agriculture field, especially decisionmakersin operations, will find the methods, markets, and financial considerations in this book a helpful guide.
- Author(s)Jay Huner
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/04/1994
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationAbingdon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFood Products Press,U.S.
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight657 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.