All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs a boy Sigmund Freud dreamed of being an explorer, of discovering new lands and sailing the oceans. As an adult he set out to map a far stranger territory: the human mind.This stunning graphic vel by ecomist, historian, and psychoanalyst Corrine Maier explores the life and work of one of the twentieth century's most influential thinkers. Freud is the perfect introduction to the man's genius, his life, and his struggles with a revolutionary and divisive approach to the mind and its inner workings. Anne Simon spins this unique and captivating story into a seamless whirl of image and text, worthy of the master of psychoanalysis' most extraordinary cases.Corinne Maier was born in 1963 in Geneva. As a writer, ecomist, historian, and psychoanalyst, she has produced around fifteen nfiction books on subjects like psychoanalysis, society, history, and humor. Though at first her interests seem diffuse, she tirelessly seeks out the common links between them. Her books are bestsellers in France and have been translated into many languages.Her recent writings have centered on work, family, and the nation. Hailed as a counter-culture heroine by the New York Times, she proudly embraces her independence from any club, scientific society, or political party and celebrates her absence from anyone's payroll.
- Author BiographyAnne Simon was born in 1980 in France. She studies in the Beaux-Arts in Angouleme, and then in the Ecole Nationale Superieure des Arts Decoratifs in Paris, one of the most prestigious art schools in France. In 2004, she received the -New Talent- prize at the Angouleme festival, and she releases her first comic book -Persephone in the Underworld- in 2006. Corinne Maier was born in 1963 in Geneva. As a writer, economist, historian and psychoanalyst, she has produced around 15 non-fiction books on subjects like psychoanalysis, society, history and humor. Though at first her interests seem diffuse, she finds the common links between them. Her books are bestsellers in her native France and some (such as Hello Laziness) have been translated into several languages.Her recent work has centered on work, family and the nation. Hailed as a counter-culture heroine by the New York Times, she proudly acknowledges not being a member of any club, scientific society or political party and not being on anyone's payroll.
- Author(s)Anne Simon,Corinne Maier
- PublisherNobrow Ltd
- Date of Publication10/09/2013
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNobrow Ltd
- Content NoteFully Illustrated Throughout in Full Colours
- Weight458 g
- Width225 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine13 mm
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.04
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.25
- AU $11.56Trending at AU $16.34
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $11.47Trending at AU $14.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.