All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBefore musician George Harrison purchased Friar Park in 1970, the 19th century mansion and gardens it was occupied by many others, including Sir Percival David and Roman Catholic nuns belonging to the Salesians of Don Bosco order. The nuns ran a local school in Henley, the Sacred Heart School. The most celebrated was its original owner Sir Frank Crisp. Upon his death his family instructed Land Agents Messrs, LOFTS & WARNER and Auctioneers Messrs, SIMMONS & SONS to sell the Friar Park Estate, including all the grounds, the Boathouse on Henley-on-Thames, and three grand residential sites. The Sale by Auction took place on Saturday, August 9th, 1919, at 3 o'clock p.m.This publication is a an exact recreation of the original sales catalogue. For the benefit of showcasing particular details, many of the images have been colorized. The end of the book also includes BONUS COLORIZED PHOTOS of the beautiful house, gardens, secret caves, lakes, and extraordinary rock garden topped with a miniature version of the Matterhorn. The text in this book has t been seen in nearly 100 years, and even then it was seen by the select few who attended, or was associated with, the 1919 auction. Potential readers should be assured that we purposely design our books to be reminiscent of vintage publications. These are clearly t designed to look like shiny, glossy, coffee-table style books. They are designed to look like someone found them at the bottom of a stack of books, in a dusty old antique shop. Rather than being beautiful, the publishers chose to do something a bit more interesting and creative. This book is a must-have for any fan of Henley-on-Thames, English Country Houses, The Beatles, George Harrison, and of course Sir Frank Crisp.
- Author BiographyThe Cardinals are a collective of Investigative & Architectural Historians, Home Designers, Photographers, Journalists and Artists who combine their efforts to produce & publish projects with a visual approach to educational storytelling. They are the recipients of numerous prestigious awards. As film & TV Script Doctors & ghost writers, their list of uncredited work is endless. Their most recent collaborations showcase the history and architecture of 19th century - early 20th century residences in and around New York City & London.
- Author(s)The Cardinals
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication30/09/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight165 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.