All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionBeautiful full-COLOR pages! Filled to the brim with over 170 vintage and original photos and illustrations, Friar Park: A Pictorial History gives a grand tour of the incredible, Victorian neo-Gothic mansion, spectacular Lodges, amazing gardens, lakes, secret caves, and wonderful grounds of Friar Park in Henley-on-Thames as it looked in the late 19th and early 20th century. Original black and white and lush colorized photos and postcards, along with accompanying captions, tell the story of Friar Park from its design and construction by eccentric lawyer Sir Frank Crisp beginning in the 19th century, and give a magical mystery tour that fan of landscaped gardens, Victorian architecture, and architectural history will ever forget. There has never been a book like this before. Welcome to Friar Park! Potential readers should be assured that we purposely design our books to be reminiscent of vintage publications. These are clearly t designed to look like shiny, glossy coffee-table style books. They are designed to look like someone found them at the bottom of a stack of books, in a dusty old antique shop. Rather than being beautiful, the publishers chose to do something a bit more interesting and creative. This publication is a scholastic and educational study of an architecturally and historically significant English country house. This book is a must-have for any fan of Henley-on-Thames, English Country Houses, The Beatles, George Harrison, and of course Sir Frank Crisp.
- Author BiographyThe Cardinals are a collective of Investigative & Architectural Historians, who combine their efforts to produce & publish projects with a visual approach to educational storytelling. They are the recipients of numerous prestigious awards. As film & TV Script Doctors & ghost writers, their list of uncredited work is endless. Their most recent collaborations showcase the history and architecture of 19th century - early 20th century residential apartment buildings in New York City.
- Author(s)The Cardinals
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication22/09/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.