Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.42
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.38
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionFriction Dynamics: Principles and Applications introduces readers to the basic principles of friction dynamics, which are presented in a unified theoretical framework focusing on some of the most important engineering applications. The book's chapters introduce basic concepts and analytical methods of friction dynamics, followed by sections that explore the fundamental principles of frictions. Concluding chapters focus on engineering applications in brake dynamics, the friction dynamics of rods used in oil suck pump systems, and the friction impact dynamics of rotors. This book provides comprehensive topics and up-to-date results, also presenting a thorough account of important advancements in friction dynamics which offer insights into varied dynamic phemena, helping readers effectively design and fabricate stable and durable friction systems and components for various engineering and scientific friction dynamical systems.
- Author BiographyXiandong Liu is an Automotive Engineering Professor based at the Automotive Engineering School of Transportation Science and Engineering, Beihang University, Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, P.R China. He received his B.S. and M.S. from Jilin University and his Ph. D from Beihang University, P.R China. His research interests include mechanical system dynamics, noise and vibration control, strength analysis and lightweight design. Gang Sheng Chen is the J. Robert Fletcher Associate Professor of Engineering at College of IT & Engineering, Marshall University, USA, and received his Ph.D. degree from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. His research has been focused on dynamics, acoustics and tribology with applications in mechanical, automotive, mechatronics and structural systems. He is the author of more than 90 books, book chapters and journal papers, and is a Fellow of the Society of Automotive Engineers International, and American Society of Mechanical Engineers. His industry experience includes being the principal engineer and group leader for SONY Corp. Singapore Research Laboratory, the advisory scientist for IBM Corp. Tech Division in San Jose, California, and a research scientist for Gates Corp. Tech Center in Auburn Hills, Michigan, USA. He has twenty years' experience in the area of friction dynamics with applications in data storage systems and vehicle systems.
- Author(s)Gang Sheng Chen,Xiandong Liu
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication03/08/2016
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight630 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.