All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA surprising and entertaining story from former children's laureate and multi-award winner Anne Fine, perfect for children learning to read. Bryce is fed up with tests. So far this week he's had a spelling test, a swimming test, and even a test on his bike. So, on Friday, Bryce decides to surprise the adults with his own test. What happens when Bryce turns the tables on all the adults? The Reading Ladder series helps children to enjoy learning to read. It features well-loved authors, classic characters and favourite topics, so that children will find something to excite and engage them in every title they pick up. It's the first step towards a lasting love of reading. Level 3 Reading Ladder titles are perfect for fluent readers who are beginning to read exciting, challenging stories independently. It features: varied sentences; detailed illustrations to enjoy; chapters; interesting characters and themes; a rich range of vocabulary; and, more complex storylines to stretch confident readers. All Reading Ladder titles are developed with a leading literacy consultant, making them perfect for use in schools and for parents keen to support their children's reading. Book band: Gold.
- Author BiographyA great favourite for discussions in reading groups, Anne Fine's work has been published in over forty-five languages. Despite this, she remains best known in her home country, Britain, as a writer principally for children. She has twice won both the Carnegie Medal and the Whitbread Awards, the Guardian Children's Book Prize and numerous other prizes and awards. She was the second Children's Laureate from 2001-3, is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature, and was awarded an OBE for services to children's literature. Anne Fine is an entertaining and engaging speaker on the subject of books and reading, and is in demand the world over for her tireless enthusiasm, common sense approach to literacy, and for the deliciously wicked humour that permeates all her writing. Find out more about Anne's dual lives at www.annefine.co.uk Helen Flook was born in Wales, lived in Canada, and is now resident once again in Abergwyngregyn, Wales. She has illustrated hundreds of children's books both in the UK and North America, and tends to work with acrylic inks or pen and ink. Helen is the resident illustrator for the Terry Deary's Tales books. Series consultant Nikki Gamble is the director of Just Imagine, a specialist resource and training centre for Primary English. She is Associate Consultant at the University of London, Institute of Education.
- Author(s)Anne Fine
- PublisherEgmont UK Ltd
- Date of Publication07/04/2016
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Series TitleReading Ladder
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEgmont UK
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight112 g
- Width145 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Helen Flook
- Interest AgeFrom 5
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.73Trending at AU $24.66
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $129.71
- AU $168.00Trending at AU $182.59
- AU $64.99Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $28.85
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.74
- AU $69.99Trending at AU $88.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.