All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $66.57
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $81.11
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $66.58
- AU $9.23Trending at AU $10.19
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.99
- AU $10.00Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $10.95Trending at AU $14.34
About this product
- DescriptionImagine this: You're playing a computer game when a spider drops onto your screen. Aah! you scream as you fling your device across the room. What's the big deal? asks your sister. Spiders are fab. Have you ever watched a spider spin a web? Do you kw that spiders can... You can't believe it. Your sister loves spiders! Then you realise that even though many people are afraid of snakes, you think they're cool. When you think about it, people have different points of view about lots of animals. Bloodsucking leeches may scare the pants off you, but doctors around the world are big fans of these medical marvels. What about cockroaches? scurrying, dirty pests, right? Or could they actually be a solution to global hunger? You'll get a chance to decide when you check out these and other animals explored in this book. On the one hand you'll find arguments trying to convince you that these animals are disgusting, mean, dangerous or smelly. On the other hand you'll hear about how these very same animals are clever, helpful to humans and the environment and an inspiration to scientists. Though each side is telling the truth, both are trying to persuade you to agree with their point of view. Find out how you feel about animals that people love to hate - are they friend or foe? Aimed at children aged 8+.
- Author BiographyAward-winning author, Etta Kaner, writes for both children and educators. While the majority of her children's books are non-fiction, some of her more recent books are a combination of fiction and non-fiction. While her earlier books were inspired by her two daughters, many of her later books have been inspired by the elementary school students whom she teaches. Etta loves to interview experts in their fields with which she is unfamiliar. During these interviews she often accumulates more information than she needs for her book. When making a decision about what to include in the books she uses the 'wow' test. She tries to choose information that will make her readers say 'wow' when they read it. When she's not writing or teaching, Etta loves to spend time with her family, garden, read humorous or historical fiction books, dance, explore new places, go to live theatre and cook for company (but not all at the same time!).
- Author(s)Etta Kaner
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication08/09/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2015
- ImprintFranklin Watts Ltd
- Weight236 g
- Width223 mm
- Height272 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)David Anderson
- Edition StatementIllustrated edition
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.