All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFriendly Chemistry is a truly unique approach to teaching introductory chemistry. Used by home schoolers and charter, public and private school students world-wide for over ten years, Friendly Chemistry presents what is often considered an intimidating subject as a genuinely fun, enjoyable experience. Whether you're a high-school aged student needing a lab science course or a n-traditional student looking for a refresher course to help you prepare for an upcoming entrance exam, Friendly Chemistry can help you accomplish your goal in a painless way! If you do have aspirations of a future in a science field, Friendly Chemistry can give you the solid foundation you need to succeed in subsequent courses. Friendly Chemistry was written using simple language and a host of analogies to make learning (and teaching!) chemistry easy. The chemistry concepts presented in Friendly Chemistry are NOT watered-down. The concepts are just explained in ways that are readily understood by most learners. Coupled with these explanations is a host of teaching aids, labs and games which makes the learning concrete and multi-sensory. Students find the course fun and painless. Parents often comment, I wish I had had this when I was taking chemistry. Now it all makes so much sense! Friendly Chemistry covers the same topics taught in traditional high school chemistry courses. The course begins with an introduction to atomic theory followed by discussion of why the elements are arranged the way they are in the periodic table. Quantum mechanics comes next using the acclaimed Doo-wop Board as a teaching aid. Next comes a discussion of how atoms become charged (ionization), followed by an explanation of how charged atoms make compounds. The mole is introduced next, followed by a discussion of chemical reactions. Stoichiometry (predicting amounts of product produced from a reaction) is treated next followed by a discussion of solutions (molarity). The course is wrapped up with a discussion of the ideal gas laws. Please te that this is Volume 2 of the Teacher's Edition. Volume 1 of the Teacher's Edition, the Student Edition and the Manipulative Set must be purchased separately to have all necessary materials to complete this course. More information regarding Friendly Chemistry including answers to many frequently asked questions may be found at www.friendlychemistry.com.
- Author BiographyJoey and Lisa Hajda are the home schooling parents of 10 children, aged 3 years to 24 years. Joey has a doctorate degree in veterinary medicine and a masters degree in secondary and higher education curriculum and instruction. Lisa has a bachelors degree in veterinary science, a masters degree in elementary curriculum and instruction and has completed coursework toward her doctorate in education. Joey has taught science courses at the middle school and high school levels for over 20 years, as well as at the local community college level. Their children have been home schooled from early childhood through high school.
- Author(s)Dr Joey Hajda,Joey Hajda,Lisa B Hajda
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication12/01/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.