All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionHere under one cover are the collected writings of John R. Erickson about characters who have entered his life on the High Plains country of the Texas Panhandle. Erickson writes with authority about ranching and cowboying in the modern era, always with an eye for the humor of everyday incidents. Some of his friends are widely kwn, such as artist Ace Reid and ted fiddle player Frankie McWhorter. Others are cowboys who work the big ranches between the Canadian and Beaver rivers. They share the stage with some of Erickson's four-legged friends: the Phantom Cow, Texie, the Incredible Burping Dog, an Arabian horse called Dandy, Callie the cat, and Eddy the raccoon.
- Author BiographyJOHN R. ERICKSON, a fifth generation Texan, is the author of Catch Rope: The Long Arm of the Cowboy, Through Time and the Valley, LZ Cowboy: A Cowboy's Journal 1979-1981, Panhandle Cowboy, and Some Babies Grow Up to be Cowboys, all published by the UNT Press.
- Author(s)John R. Erickson
- PublisherUniversity of North Texas Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/04/2002
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleWestern Life Series
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 6
- Place of PublicationDenton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of North Texas Press,U.S.
- Content Note14 b&w photographs, index
- Weight240 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.