Friendship Interrupted: Challenges and Practical Solutions: What You Can Do by Debra Whiting Alexander Ph D, Judy Dippel (Paperback / softback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.33Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $13.07Trending at AU $16.63
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $50.97
About this product
- DescriptionFriendship Interrupted is for any woman who asks, What happened to our friendship? Like an adventurous and enlightening road trip with girlfriends, this book has unexpected curves and important discoveries. There is laughter ... and tears. In this book, the solutions to the umpteen things that can interrupt friendships are easy to find and easy to read. Reliable self-help advice in the What you can do sections are realistic and sensible. Importantly, the ultimate guidance of God's word and wisdom is blended throughout, to bring women much more than the authors or words written on a page can provide. Unlike most books on women's friendships that delight in the qualities that make a perfect friend, this book looks at a multitude of challenges women have identified as difficult, hurtful, confusing, or complex. These 'interruptions' can be temporary or become permanent; either way a rift or rupture of a valued friendship causes strain and strife that needs answers. The good news, changes and choices can be made to mend and maintain valued friendships, or kw when it is best to simply let go and move on. This book has a fresh perspective that sheds new light on individual habits, actions and reactions, and those of others. The issues addressed are universal; the quotes from women are real, and the challenges they share range from mild to toxic. This book inspires, and it is a great help to women who want to be better equipped to respond in positive and healthy ways to their real-life friendship challenges: emotionally, mentally, physically, and spiritually. The following sections are found in each chapter: Candid quotes from women's lives introduce the variety of challenges. All are based on their friendship experiences, good and bad. The Solution section of each chapter offers professional insight and hands-on, practical strategies that bring new insights, and immediate help in changing unwanted habits. The bulleted action steps of What You can Do provide interesting choices that can be made to help minimize and prevent long-term difficulties over an issue with a friend. When to Seek Further Help is a checklist of behaviors that indicate when a woman may need more than this book can supply. Soul Solutions recognizes the ultimate guide for building and sustaining healthy realtionships is in reliance on God's guidance and grace. In this section, scripture and prayer guides encourage women to seek God and his solutions. Friend-to-Friend Activites: Creative and fun ideas to enrich and rekindle valued friendships. ENDORSEMENTS: Lifeline of practical help for those of us living in a sea of relationships. -Pam Farrel, bestselling author of Fantastic After 40. Finally, a book that doesn't just put a Band-Aid on relationships. -Connie Pombo, speaker and author of Trading Ashes for Roses. Help with those friendship nightmares that leave us afraid to trust. -Brendan O'Rourke, Ph.D., author of The Hope of a Homecoming. Good girl-talk mixed with what often feels like professional therapy. -Ronna Miller, Director of Conferences, Mars Hill Graduate School Principles to reconnect women whose friendship has been interrupted. -Kathy Pride, Winning the Drug War at Home. Encourages women to develop friendships that nurture their souls. -Poppy Smith, author of I'm Too Human to be Like Jesus. Honest, practical ... steps that are actually do-able for busy women. -Dorcas Smucker, author of Ordinary Days. A guide to maintaining one of life's greatest gifts; a good friend. -Janice Carr, Production Coordinator, ABC TV
- Author BiographyJudy Dippel is a women's inspirational book author and speaker, freelance commercial writer, and travel writer. Judy is real. She is enthusiastic and transparent in her books and when speaking to women. Both reflect her love for people, her sincerity, and her relationship with God and Christian faith. She writes and speaks about themes that are universal challenges for women, offering inspiration, hope, and fresh ideas. She has a passion to influence real women, with real issues, needing real solutions. http: //www.judydippel.com/ Freelance commercial writer: http: //www.jldwrites.com/ Judy is the first one to admit, I will never arrive and have it all together! And as women, I feel we owe it to each other to share what we know and show that we care! Every single day brings a fresh start and new opportunities. We can live out our purpose, our passions, and positively influence ourself and our world, one person at a time. Her first book, Refreshing Hope in God: A Mother's Journey of Joy and Pain was written to express the infinite joy of being a mother, and also the excruciating pain when being a mother doesn't go as planned. Judy's book, Friendship Interrupted: Challenges and Practical Solutions - What You Can Do, co-written with Debra Whiting Alexander, Ph.D., is a book that speaks to women everywhere who ask, What happened to our friendship? Reality at its best: the quotes from women throughout this book express confusion, hurt, and frustration;solutions offered are practical and doable. Interruptions to friendships can be temporary or permanent, mild or toxic, but either way, this book offers fresh perspective and sound choices. Judy's book, Walking Through Postpartum Depression: Finding Light Within the Fog and Darkness, walks with women who are, or have, experienced this troubling, often misunderstood condition of all levels of postpartum depression. It provides the facts, dispels the myths. The teaching and truth of this book is a great relief to women. Judy is a contributing author to several book compilations, articles. Judy currently lives in Eugene, Oregon; enjoys family, friends, hiking, travel, reading, college sports, and a variety of outdoor activities. As a baby boomer in midlife, Judy feels privileged to share the worth of all relationships, including those with God, family and friends. She says she'll never get over God's grace, and feels privileged to share a common theme, Our stories tell God's story.
- Author(s)Debra Whiting Alexander Ph D,Judy Dippel
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication17/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.