All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.39
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.57
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $13.30Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.70Trending at AU $19.68
About this product
- Description<strong>From the author of the worldwide bestseller <em>Room</em> Her greatest achievement yet...Emma Doghue shows more than range with FROG MUSIC--she shows genius. -- Darin Strauss, author of <em>Half a Life</em></strong> Summer of 1876: San Francisco is in the fierce grip of a record-breaking heat wave and a smallpox epidemic. Through the window of a railroad saloon, a young woman named Jenny Bonnet is shot dead. The survivor, her friend Blanche Beun, is a French burlesque dancer. Over the next three days, she will risk everything to bring Jenny's murderer to justice--if he doesn't track her down first. The story Blanche struggles to piece together is one of free-love bohemians, desperate paupers, and arrogant millionaires; of jealous men, icy women, and damaged children. It's the secret life of Jenny herself, a torious character who breaks the law every morning by getting dressed: a charmer as slippery as the frogs she hunts. In thrilling, cinematic style, FROG MUSIC digs up a long-forgotten, never-solved crime. Full of songs that migrated across the world, Emma Doghue's lyrical tale of love and bloodshed among lowlifes captures the pulse of a boomtown like other.
- Author BiographyBorn in Dublin in 1969, Emma Donoghue is an Irish emigrant twice over: she spent eight years in Cambridge doing a PhD in eighteenth-century literature before moving to London, Ontario, where she lives with her partner and their two children. She also migrates between genres, writing literary history, biography, stage and radio plays as well as fairy tales and short stories. She is best known for her novels, which range from the historical (<i>Slammerkin</i>, <i>Life Mask</i>, <i>Landing</i>, <i>The Sealed Letter</i>) to the contemporary (<i>Stir-Fry</i>, <i>Hood</i>, <i>Landing</i>). Her international bestseller <i>Room</i> was a <i>New York Times </i>Best Book of 2010 and was a finalist for the Man Booker, Commonwealth, and Orange Prizes. For more information, visit www.emmadonoghue.com.
- Author(s)Professor Emma Donoghue
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication24/02/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBack Bay Books
- Weight408 g
- Width137 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.