All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Depot Street, looking North in Abbeville to a Street Scene in Zebulon, this delightful gathering of more than six hundred vintage post-card images presents the parama of daily life in early-twentieth-century Georgia.Family outings, veterans reunions, harvests, baptisms, and market days are just a few of the occasions depicted here, with many of the cards representing the only surviving visual record of schools, homes, churches, businesses, and public buildings long lost to progress or disasters.Bursting with civic pride, boasting of a newfangled product, or simply conveying Greetings from. . ., these post cards are an unexpected and invaluable resource for historians, collectors, and stalgia buffs.
- Author BiographyGary L. Doster is a resident of Oconee County, Georgia. His post card collection, which currently includes more than seven thousand images, is one of the most extensive of the state during the period from 1900 to 1920.
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication31/01/1999
- LanguageEnglish & English
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Content Note620 b&w postcard reproductions
- Weight748 g
- Width204 mm
- Height272 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byGary L. Doster
- Edition StatementNew edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.