All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionWhat happens when your entire life and career are constructed around a religious faith that you longer possess? Do you continue to promote a gospel that you have intellectually and emotionally rejected to maintain your livelihood and the support and respect you receive from your community? Or do you reunce your faith to your congregation and the public at large, putting yourself and your family at risk? From Apostle to Apostate offers a comprehensive introduction to the Clergy Project, established in 2011 to provide a safe space where clergy who have lost their faith can connect with others facing the exact same questions-often alone and in isolation. Charting the origins, growth, and goals of the project, the book draws on the author's own experience as a founding project member and on interviews with its founders. It also reveals the troubles and triumphs experienced by many of its members, whose numbers have grown from just over 50 to more than 500 in a few short years. As the book movingly demonstrates, despite the substantial personal and professional challenges nbelieving clergy face, for many, a loss of faith has turned out t to be a loss at all-but a gain of newfound community, self-respect, and honesty with themselves and others.
- Author BiographyCatherine Dunphyis a founding member and former executive director of the Clergy Project. She is the operations manager for Rational Doubt, a blog where members of the Clergy Project connect with the public. She lives in Toronto, Ontario.Richard Dawkins is the acclaimed author of many books, including The Selfish Gene, Unweaving the Rainbow, and The God Delusion.
- Author(s)Catherine Dunphy
- PublisherPitchstone Publishing
- Date of Publication21/07/2015
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPitchstone Publishing
- Weight222 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Foreword byRichard Dawkins
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.