All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInspired by the revelation that the Sphinx had been weathered by water and t by wind-blown sand and was, therefore, thousands of years older than the oldest civilisation kwn to man, Colin Wilson sets out to explore the remote depths of history. The compelling argument of this bestselling book is that, thousands of years before Ancient Egypt and Greece held sway, there was a great civilisation whose ships travelled the world and who possessed some kwledge system that offered a unified view of the universe, alien to modern man. In this fascinating exploration of the world at a time when, according to Plato, the 'lost civilisation' of Atlantis was destroyed, the author makes a ground-breaking attempt to understand how these long-forgotten peoples thought, felt and communicated on a universal plane.
- Author BiographyColin Wilson's first book The Outsider became an instant literary sensation when it was first published in the fifties. Now author of over fifty books on subjects ranging from mysticism to criminology, he is a renowned authority on the paranormal and has also written numerous articles and plays and contributed to several newspapers and journals.
- Author(s)Colin Wilson
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication08/02/2007
- SubjectAncient History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVirgin Books
- Content Note1x8 b/w illustration section
- Weight226 g
- Width107 mm
- Height177 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.