All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume of papers is dedicated to Peter Woodman in celebration of his contribution to archaeology, providing a glimpse of the many ways in which he has touched the lives of so many. The twenty-one contributions cover many aspects of predominantly Mesolithic archaeology in Ireland, mainland Britain and North-west Europe, reflecting the range and breadth of Peters own interests and the international esteem in which his work is held. His particular interest in antiquarians and the material they collected began early in his career and Part 1 presents papers which deal with artefacts and finds by antiquarians. Part 2 is concerned with papers on fieldwork projects, both new sites and sites which have been re-investigated, predominantly focusing on the Mesolithic period. Part 3 presents papers on the theme of people and animals, particularly the topic of the Mesolithic-Neolithic transition from different angles.
- Author BiographyNicky Milner is a Professor at the University of York, specialising in the Mesolithic period. She has co-directed excavations at Star Carr since 2004. Caroline Wickham-Jones lives and works in Orkney. She is an honorary Research Associate in archaeology at the University of Aberdeen. She has worked on, and directed, archaeological excavations across Scotland including Skara Brae and Links of Noltland in Orkney. She directed the excavations of a Mesolithic site on the island of Rum and since then she has worked on a number of other Mesolithic projects including the sites at Camas Daraich, in Skye and Long Howe in Orkney, and as co-director of the Scotland's First Settlers Project. She is the author of several popular archaeology books, as well as many academic papers. Website: www.mesolithic.co.uk
- Author(s)Caroline Wickham-Jones,Nicky Milner,Nyree Finlay,Sinead McCartan
- PublisherOxbow Books
- Date of Publication01/06/2009
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxbow Books
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps, ports.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.