From Camera to Computer: How to Make Fine Photographs Through Examples, Tips, and Techniques by George Barr (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $55.95Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by kamilc1
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $33.68+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEver wonder what it would be like to get inside the head of an accomplished photographer as he chooses a subject, works the scene, selects an image, and then edits the result into a piece of photographic art. As a follow-up to his successful first book Take Your Photography To The Next Level , author/photographer George Barr w applies the practice to the theory. Go along with George as he searches for subjects, sorts out scenes, refines his composition, and then moves from Camera to Computer to edit his images, t only correcting flaws, but making the images match his vision. You'll see proof sheets and 't quite there' images, and you'll learn tips on image editing from someone who is focused on creating a fine art image rather than mass producing many similar images-often the goal of commercial photographers. With his friendly, easy-to-understand approach George goes beyond how to edit your images by teaching the whys behind the editing process. This book is certain to help you dramatically improve your own images. Topics include: finding photographic subjects; working the scene; practical issues in composition; what to change in a captured image; and, how to edit your images - a practical, easy work flow.
- Author BiographyGeorge Barr is a photographer living in Calgary, Canada. Serious about photography since age 12, working initially with a WWII Zeiss Ikonta in a basement-bathroom darkroom , he has progressed through medium format, 4X5, and now digital SLR's. He earns his living as a family doctor with a special interest in psychiatry but his primary passion has always been the fine art print. Major milestones include learning to make quality prints from Fred Picker, learning to really see photographs from Hubert Hohn of the Edmonton Art Gallery, looking at Edward Weston prints bare, attending workshops, working with galleries, and being published. George has had his images published in the magazines Black and White Photography, Black and White, Focus, Lenswork, and Outdoor Photography. By the time George closed his darkroom, he was making very high quality prints and carried on this quality with digital cameras and inkjet printing, producing some of the finest inkjet prints made, surprising many traditional 4X5 photographers with the level of quality. Throughout his life George has been a teacher of medical students & residents, patients, and fellow photographers. A writer of understandable patient newsletters and handouts, it was a short step to writing essays on photography. George has bravely tackled the challenging subjects of aesthetics, seeing, and composing in a style that is clear, practical, and applicable to many.
- Author(s)George Barr
- PublisherRocky Nook
- Date of Publication20/11/2009
- Place of PublicationSanta Barbara
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRocky Nook
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight842 g
- Width204 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine17 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.33Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $27.17Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.