All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- Description'Like so many other boys of my generation, I wanted to be an engine driver; my dreams, however, were dashed in 1956 when I went for a medical at Derby. So much depended upon having perfect eyesight ...' So wrote the author in his introduction in Last Days of Steam on the LMS & BR, published in 2009. Now featuring all new colour photographs, From Clark to Contoller is an account of Roderick H. Fowkes' service on the railway, from 1966 until his retirement in 1996. Reflecting on the demise of steam in the 1960s, and revisiting the author's experiences in Trent in 1957, the compelling story continues with 'some of the best times of a thirty-nine year career with BR', including Fowkes' years working in Control and the fulfilment of his lifetime ambition of moving to the West Country. Filled with personal and memorable anecdotes, this book continues the extraordinary tale of the thirty-nine year British Railways career of a man deemed unsuitable for the footplate grade in 1957.
- Author(s)Roderick H. Fowkes
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication30/08/2016
- SubjectTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationBarnsley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Transport
- Content Note180 colour illustrations & 20 black and white illustrations
- Width172 mm
- Height246 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.