Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionThanks to the perseverance and editorial effort of his son Allan, Jim Hunter's splendid war memoirs of flying and captivity can w be enjoyed by a wider audience. In the first part there is the account of his flying career in RAF Coastal Command, culminating in an extraordinarily brave attack by him and his Beaufighter on the German battle cruiser Scharnhorst. Shot down, he became a POW and the second half tells of his experiences in Stalag Luft 3. All this and more make From Coastal Command to Captivity a superb read and a late, but great, addition to the bibliography of POW life during the Second World War.
- Author BiographyDr Allan Hunter is the son of Jim Hunter whose experiences are recorded here. Born in the UK and educated at Oxford University, Allan has written numerous published works and articles. He now lives in the USA (Watertown MA)
- Author(s)Allen Hunter
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication13/02/2003
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationBarnsley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Content NoteIll.(some col.).
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.