All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRanging from Oban to Tarbert, Scotland's Seafood Trail encompasses some of Britain's most glorious coastline. Here the cold, clear Atlantic waters caress the sealochs and inlets of Argyll and Kintyre creating the perfect environment for seafood in all its variety. This relatively unexplored coastline has been undergoing something of a culinary revolution over the past decade and is w a showcase for all that is best in Scottish seafood. The 9 establishments featured in this beautifully illustrated book all serve simple food, simply served. Langoustines, crab, scallops, oysters and mussels all have such wonderful flavours that they require only the minimum of additional ingredients. And behind each place, there's a story and some interesting characters who have put their heart, soul (and wallet) into it! Featured in From Crab Shack to Oyster Bar are: The Seafood Cabin (or 'crab shack' to the locals), Skipness; The Anchor Hotel, Tarbert; The Hunting Lodge Hotel, Bellochontuy; The Tayvallich Inn; Dunvalanree House, by Carradale; Ee'usk, Oban; Cairnbaan Hotel; The Royal Hotel at Tighnabruaich; and the The Loch Fyne Oyster Bar, Cairndow. Recipes include Whole salmon, 'Aga-baked' in wet newspaper (Seafood Cabin); Scallops grilled with Crabbies Green Ginger (Anchor); Grilled sardines with spinach and tomato salsa (Hunting Lodge); Loch Fyne oysters pan-fried in butter with chervil and cream (Tayvallich Inn); Roast gigot of monkfish with garlic and rosemary (Dunvalanree); Clam chowder (Ee'usk); Goan spiced mussels (Cairnbaan); Smoked cod roe on toast (Laroch Foods); Scallops, monkfish, tagliatelle, pea and parsley veloute (Royal Hotel); and Loch Fyne bradan rost with whisky sauce (Loch Fyne Oyster Bar).
- Author BiographyCarole Fitzgerald retired from her desk as a magazine editor and along with her husband Gerry bought the Anchor Hotel in Tarbert, Loch Fyne in September 2003. Since then she has been a driving force behind the establishment of Scotland's first Seafood Trail.
- Author(s)Carole Fitzgerald
- PublisherNeil Wilson Publishing
- Date of Publication25/05/2006
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationGlasgow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAngel's Share
- Content Notecol. illustrations
- Weight540 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Illustrator(s)Laura Thomson,Anne Kennedy
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $73.90Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.