All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionIn this illuminating festschrift, sixteen well-kwn evangelical scholars celebrate the work of a man who has greatly contributed to Evangelical biblical scholarship as we kw it today. G. K. Beale is rewned for his studies that explore how the writers of the New Testament used the Old Testament Scriptures in their letters, Gospels, narrative, and apocalypse. These collected essays, written by both colleagues and former students, reveal the immense appreciation that he has garnered among scholars and exegetes of all kinds. Essays by sixteen scholars, including: D. A. Carson Richard J. Bauckham Douglas Moo Rikk E. Watts David F. Wells John D. Currid Greg Beale's work on the use of the OT in the NT has had an ermous influence on an entire generation of students and scholars. His careful attention to methodology, his determination to work in both OT and NT at the highest exegetical levels, and his creativity in detecting subtle relationships between the Testaments have set a high standard for all who work in this area. --From Genesis 15:6 in the New Testament by Douglas J. Moo
- Author BiographyAbout the editors: Daniel M. Gurtner, PhD (University of St. Andrews) is Associate Professor of New Testament at Bethel Seminary (St. Paul, MN). He is author and editor of a number of works on the New Testament and Second Temple Judaism, including his published PhD dissertation, The Torn Veil: Matthew's Exposition of the Death of Jesus (SNTSMS; Cup, 2007). He holds membership in the Studiorum Novum Testamentum Societas and is chair of the Society for Biblical Literature Matthew Section. Benjamin L. Gladd, PhD (Wheaton College) is Assistant Professor of New Testament at Reformed Theological Seminary (Jackson, MS). He is the author of several books and publications, including Revealing the Mysterion: The Use of Mystery in Daniel and Second Temple Judaism with Its Bearing on First Corinthians; The New Testament in Antiquity: An Instructors Guide; and The Book of Daniel ( Rafiki Bible Commentary). He is a member of both the Evangelical Theological Society and the Society of Biblical Literature.
- PublisherHendrickson Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/2013
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHendrickson Publishers Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Edited byBenjamin L Gladd,Daniel Gurtner
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.