All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBeyond the stereotypical expectation of glitter and sequins, comes a personal and inspirational journey of overcoming fear, rejection and insecurity. This story isn't solely about a drag-queen, but rather, it's a journey of real life experiences which many of us have faced throughout life, written by a gay man who happens to be a drag-queen. It's a story which is relevant in today's society, regardless of one's own sexuality. This book was written to bring inspiration and hope to anyone who may need positive affirmation to love the life they live, or for anyone who needs to understand first-hand what it can be like to fight, a sometimes losing battle, for self acceptance. Whoever the reader, it shows that it is possible to overcome extreme adversity and survive those horrendous experiences which seem determined to destroy us. In a world where society dictates 'right' from 'wrong', a young boy struggles with the pressure of living up to the expectations of others. Desperately seeking acceptance and finding only rejection, he is isolated and on the brink of despair. There seems to be escape from the years of relentless school-ground bullying and victimization he suffers, which at times, is almost too much to bear. He feels as though his spirit has been crushed, but this young scared boy still harbors a burning desire to break free and be true to himself. Later in life, a tremendous gut-wrenching loss would set him on ather course, and a journey of true self-discovery. Armed with the kwledge of his past experiences, his eyes are opened to a wonderland of pleasures, and through determination and sacrifice, he leaves a life of secrecy and sexual defiance behind him. Discovering the world of drag, he becomes more of a man than he thought he would be, and more of a woman than he thought he ever could be. From Darkness to Diva is an empowering tale of overcoming fear and insecurity, with an uplifting message of triumph.
- Author BiographySkye High is one of Australia's leading drag-queen media personalities. If you add television presenter, ambassador and author to the list, you'll soon discover there is nothing two dimensional about this wondrous diva. With over 20 years' experience within the media industry which incorporates print, television, radio, local and International charity events, as well as large corporate promotions/events, Skye has every angle covered.
- Author(s)Skye High
- PublisherJohn Hunt Publishing
- Date of Publication28/08/2015
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationNew Alresford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintO Books
- Weight367 g
- Width141 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.