All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionHadassah: the Women's Zionist organisation of America, has wielded power in the halls of American political institutions and in the minds of many Jews in the United States. This book enriches our understanding of both modern Jewish history and American women's history. Hadassah is important t only for what it tells us about women but also for what it reveals about Jewish history and politics, about Zionism, and about America. In the post-World War II era, Hadassah played a significant role in shaping Jewish women's political action and identity. Widely kwn for its work in Israel, Hadassah played a central role in shaping the way generations of American Jewish women thought about themselves and about their involvement on the American political scene.
- Author BiographyDr. Brautbar received her B.A. in Middle Eastern Studies and Applied History at Carnegie Mellon University, her M.A. in Middle Eastern Studies at the University of Chicago, and her Ph.D in History from the University of Southern California. She is Assistant Professor of History at Nevada State College and winner of the Nevada State College iTeach Heritage award. Professor Brautbar has published articles in her research areas of: Jewish women's history, Zionism, and political movements. She serves on the academic review board of the Intermountain West Journal of Religious Studies.
- Author(s)Shirli Brautbar
- PublisherAcademic Studies Press
- Date of Publication15/05/2012
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationBrighton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Studies Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.