CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Fossils to Astrobiology reviews developments in paleontology and geobiology that relate to the rapidly-developing field of Astrobiology, the study of life in the Universe. Many traditional areas of scientific study, including astromy, chemistry and planetary science, contribute to Astrobiology, but the study of the record of life on planet Earth is critical in guiding investigations in the rest of the cosmos. In this varied book, expert scientists from 15 countries present peer-reviewed, stimulating reviews of paleontological and astrobiological studies. The overviews of established and emerging techniques for studying modern and ancient microorganisms on Earth and beyond, will be valuable guides to evaluating biosignatures which could be found in the extraterrestrial surface or subsurface within the Solar System and beyond. This volume also provides discussion on the controversial reports of nabacteria in the Martian meteorite ALH84001. It is a unique volume among Astrobiology mographs in focusing on fossil evidence from the geological record and will be valuable to students and researchers alike.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleCellular Origin, Life in Extreme Habitats and Astrobiology
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 12
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1033 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byJoseph Seckbach,Maud Walsh
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.