All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLove stories have always been at the heart of French cinema, but romantic comedies have, until recently, been absent from it. In 2001, the global success of Amelie catalysed a major development in the Western world's second-largest film industry: the appropriation of the 'Hollywood' romantic comedy genre (or Rom-Com a l'Americaine). In From France with Love, Mary Harrod explores this contemporary phemen, examining both local hits and films with international status. Using socio-cultural data, box-office figures and analysis of critical reception, she reveals the ways in which these films mirror shifting attitudes towards gender roles within French society, as well as the increasingly important interrelation between French national cinema and transnational filmmaking paradigms.
- Author BiographyMary Harrod is Assistant Professor in French Studies at the University of Warwick. Prior to this, she was a Teaching Assistant at King's College London, where she received her PhD. Before embarking upon an academic career in 2007, she worked in film production and development for five years.
- Author(s)Mary Harrod
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication30/05/2015
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleInternational Library of the Moving Image
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight499 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.