All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.46
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
About this product
- DescriptionLaMonte McLemore, founder of vocal group legends The 5th Dimension, has been described as the music industry's bronze Clark Gable. The 6-time Grammy award-winning visionary t only delivered The 5th's elegantly hip Champagne Soul as the quintet's smooth bass for over 40 years, but is also kwn for his 5 decades with JET magazine, as the photographer for the enticing Beauty of the Week feature. LaMonte shares the secrets behind mega-hits like Up-Up and Away, Stoned Soul Picnic and Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In, anthems for a generation which uplifted our country during tumultuous times. He also goes deep for the fans and provides exclusive commentary on The 5th Dimension discography, spotlighting such favorites as Wedding Bell Blues, One Less Bell to Answer, A Love Like Ours, Love Hangover, Black Patch, plus albums like the iconic Magic Garden, the seminal Portrait, and the mysterious Earthbound. The journey to becoming one of the most popular singing groups of The Rock n' Roll era--one that crossed over racial, generational and record chart boundaries--came by way of Hobo Flats, where Mac and friends hung their resourceful hats and dreamed big. His Cherokee Grandma's feisty wisdom was a guiding force that weaves throughout the book, the catalyst for LaMonte's various trailblazing exploits. Mr. McLemore, who played baseball in the Dodgers Farm system, hits a home run presenting a memoir peppered with tasty anecdotes about countless celebrity colleagues from Frank Sinatra to Diana Ross, Ray Charles to Pharrell Williams. There's even a secret recipe! Mac's love of women is also explored, with sensitivity and a classy wink. The memoir's 12 chapters unfold authentically in LaMonte's voice; body presents a story like the rib-tickling raconteur. Running the gamut from heartwarming slang to sophisticated savvy, the book's style easily reflects the celebrity's earliest humble roots yet wondrous trajectory to stardom on the world stage. From Hobo Flats to The 5th Dimension is a literary work as told to Robert-Allan Ar, a New York-based media personality who is a trusted expert in all things 5th Dimension. The book contains an exhilarating 50-photo centerfold of rare and/or never-before-seen pictures from Mr. McLemore's personal collection, as well as a detailed album and singles Discography appendix of The 5th Dimension. An inspiring, historic tale of unbridled humor and touching pathos, in From Hobo Flats to The 5th Dimension, LaMonte doesn't quit until he makes you laugh...and think. Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis, Jr.: LaMonte's special brand of humor is truly on display in 'From Hobo Flats...' He has a way with storytelling, and we've particularly enjoyed re-living our successes as seen through his eyes. But he also lets the reader in on his deeper thoughts. His co-author, Robert-Allan Ar, was the right person for this book. He kws LaMonte well. We found it to be a totally entertaining and informative read. Mary Wilson formerly of The Supremes: I loved your book...lots of laughs! Johnny Mathis: When a tall, handsome young man came to my house many years ago to photograph me for Elegant magazine, I had idea that his other job as a singer would propel him and his fellow members of The 5th Dimension to world fame. I am so proud of LaMonte. Nancy Sinatra: The 5th Dimension had it all--great voices, engaging personalities, and oh-so-easy on the eyes. Harry Elston of The Friends of Distinction: I learned some things about LaMonte that I didn't kw, yet being a resident of Hobo Flats for many years, I can remember a lot of these adventures. I was also laughing my a**s off! Well-written by Robert-Allan Ar, 'Mac' pulls punches...you won't be able to put this book down! J.D. Nicholas of The Commodores: Wow, I found myself constantly researching most every song that was detailed in the book, recorded b
- Author(s)LaMonte McLemore,Robert-Allan Arno
- PublisherSoul of the Voice, Ltd.
- Date of Publication05/02/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSoul of the Voice, Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight240 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.