All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionAll languages encode aspects of culture and every culture has its own specificities to be proud of and to be transmitted. The papers in this book explore aspects of this relationship between language and culture, considering issues related to the processes of internationalization and localization of the English language. The volume is divided into two sections, complementing each other; the first one (Localizing English) focuses on the significance of ethnic kwledge, local culture, and tradition wherever English is used. The second one (Internationalizing English) deals with the degrees and patterns of internationalization of English deriving from its contact with diverse cultures and its adaptation to different professional settings and communicative purposes.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Roberta Facchinetti is Professor of English Language and Linguistics at the University of Verona, Italy. Her research field and publications are mainly concerned with language description, textual analysis and pragmatics. This is done mostly by means of computerized corpora of both synchronic and diachronic English. David Crystal is a writer, broadcaster, lecturer and editor. He is Honorary Professor of Linguistics at the University of Bangor, received an OBE in 1995 for his services to the study of the English language, and was made a Fellow of the British Academy in 2000. He has published extensively on English language and Linguistics. Barbara Seidlhofer, Professor of English and Applied Linguistics at the University of Vienna, is the founding director of the Vienna-Oxford International Corpus of English (VOICE). She has published widely in international journals on English language, discourse analysis and language education.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication14/05/2010
- Series TitleLinguistic Insights
- Series Part/Volume Number95
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2010
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Content Note27, 13 ill., 14 tables and graphs
- Weight390 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byBarbara Seidlhofer,David Crystal,Roberta Facchinetti
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.