All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKingston playwright R.C. Sherriff came to fame with his First World War drama Journey's End, which was based on his own experiences as a young officer on the Western Front. Its success made him a household name and opened the door to a highly lucrative career as a velist, playwright and screenwriter in Hollywood and in Britain. Many of his movies - The Invisible Man, Goodbye Mr Chips, The Four Feathers Odd Man Out, Quartet, and, of course, The Dam Busters - are still well kwn, but the man behind them much less so. This book rediscovers Sherriff using his own words - his letters, diaries, published and unpublished manuscripts - to shed light on a man who ironically gained his greatest success from the trench warfare he found so difficult to bear.
- Author(s)Roland Wales
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication20/10/2016
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationSouth Yorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Military
- Content Note30 illustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.