All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
About this product
- DescriptionUsing stories from vice secondary school teachers in urban, suburban, and rural districts, this book illustratesaways to solve various classroom management problems. In From Lesson Plans to Power Struggles, Grades 6u12: Classroom Management Strategies for New Teachers, each chapter tackles a common issue and containsarelevant stories along with an expert analysis of the strategies and the underlying practical principles that contributed to each teacherAes success. The author identifies when the challenges that confronted byateachers are related toalesson execution or discipline. Readers will also find realistic and helpful scenarios thatareflect instances whenaa teacher may t have been as successful as intended.
- Author BiographyJune Trop Zuckerman has had over 40 years of experience as an award-winning teacher and educator, approximately half of those years as a middle and high school science teacher and half as a professor of secondary education. Over the years, she has conducted countless classes and seminars for and about novice teachers and coached scores of them in their own classroom to improve their management skills. With an EdD in science education from Teachers College, Zuckerman has focused her recent research on the mentoring of novice teachers, their classroom management strategies, and the practical knowledge they construct and communicate through storytelling. Her papers on these topics have appeared regularly in the Journal of Science Teacher Education, Science Educator, and American Secondary Education. Now associate professor emerita at the State University of New York at New Paltz, she uses her extensive theoretical and practical knowledge of pedagogy to speak to and coach teachers at colleges and secondary schools in the region.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication03/10/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Edited byJune Trop Zuckerman
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.