All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn October 16, 1991, Suzanna Gratia Hupp witnessed the tragic shooting of 23 people at Luby's Cafeteria in Killeen, Texas, among them her parents. Ironically she had decided against carrying a small revolver--that could have dramatically changed the day's events--in her purse that day out of a fear of losing her chiropractor's license if caught possessing a weapon. In this autobiography, she chronicles her evolution from a small-town chiropractor into a national icon for the right to armed self-defense. Her transformation into a high-profile, gun-rights activist began when her impassioned calls for the right of citizens to carry guns for self-protection thrust her into the middle of the gun-control debate. She repeatedly testified under oath against the ineffectiveness of gun-control laws that, in her opinion, disarmed law-abiding citizens, making them potential victims of criminals who did t obey the law. This position on gun legislation paved the way for a decade-long tenure as a member of the Texas House of Representatives, where, in addition to championing Second Amendment and privacy rights, she served as a member of the House Rural and Veterans and Military Affairs Caucuses, Chair of the House Select Committee on Child Welfare and Foster Care, and Chair of the Human Services Committee.
- Author BiographySuzanna Gratia Hupp is a gun rights activist who has appeared on 48 Hours, CBS Evening News, and World News Tonight and has been quoted in publications such as People magazine, U.S. News & World Report, and the Wall Street Journal. She is a former licensed chiropractor and a former member of the Texas House of Representatives. She is a recipient of the National Rifle Association s Sybil Ludington Women s Freedom Award and was awarded a lifetime membership in the National Rifle Association by Charlton Heston. She lives in Lampasas, Texas.
- Author(s)Suzanna Gratia Hupp
- PublisherPrivateer Publications
- Date of Publication01/12/2009
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationSan Antonio, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrivateer Publications
- Weight400 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.45
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $18.20Trending at AU $22.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.