All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis new collection by Albert Wendt moves from the warm valley winds of Hawai'i to the seasons of a garden in Auckland, New Zealand. From Maa to a Ponsonby Garden is a collection of poignant, extraordinary poems - alert and self-confident, challenging of literary conventions, rough-hewn yet imbued with compelling vitalism - by one of our most celebrated writers. Writing, family and the passing of time are constant preoccupations. Opening in Hawai'i, Wendt watches the changing shadows of the mountains from his verandah; considers the nature of mauli, the seat of life; walks protected in his wife's perfumed slipstream to work; and writes to Hone Tuwhare. In the second half, his Ponsonby garden provides the setting and vivid detail for 38 'garden' poems, interspersed with inky, drawn works. If hips need replacing, poets grow older, tsunami destroy and friends slip away, still a spirit of renewal pervades this collection.
- Author BiographyMaualaivao Albert Wendt CNZM is an esteemed writer who has been an influential figure in the development of New Zealand and Pacific writing since the 1970s. His verse novel The Adventures of Vela won the Commonwealth Writers' regional prize and his co-edited anthology Whetu Moana won the Montana NZ Book Award for Reference & Anthology.
- Author(s)Albert Wendt
- PublisherAuckland University Press
- Date of Publication30/08/2012
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationAuckland
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintAuckland University Press
- Content Note10 illustrations
- Weight130 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine2 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.