All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionTravelling from Warsaw to Blackpool, Marseilles to Madrid, this lively and accessible book investigates the postmodern nature of contemporary Europe's urban life and cinema and shows how European films represent the cities across old and new Europe. Interdisciplinary in approach, the text engages with diverse films, including Luna Park , Run, Lola, Run , Trainspotting , Wonderland and many more. It tackles the issues of postmodernity raised by these films and the changes wrought in European cities since the 1980s under the effects of political change, from the post-communist era in Moscow and Berlin to the effects of Thatcherism in Edinburgh and London.
- Author BiographyEwa Mazierska is Senior Lecturer in Film & Media Studies at Manchester Metropolitan University. Laura Rascaroli is Toyota Lecturer in Film & Media Studies at the National University of Ireland, Cork.
- Author(s)Ewa Mazierska,Laura Rascaroli
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication24/10/2002
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleCinema and Society
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note20 b&w illustrations
- Weight558 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.