All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Now To Zen takes a comprehensive look at the role meditation can take in a world dominated by online communication, internet memes and lightning fast trends that influence our daily lives. In our lives where 'busy is the new black', how can the concept of sitting around doing 'thing' find a place, when being 'idle' is considered unproductive? Examining the origins of meditation and applying it to today's culture, Tim Stackpool creates new pathways to the relevancy of the practice in the modern era. This book examines: The many and varied types of meditation and which one might best connect with you. The conflict between meditation and established religion. Troubleshooting techniques for meditation that appears ineffective. After spending more than 30 years working in the media and meeting hourly deadlines, Tim Stackpool's From Now To Zen takes a refreshing look at an ancient but popular self attunement practice and gives tips on how to manage your own meditation in the modern era.
- Author BiographyTim Stackpool is an Australian media professional with extensive production and on-air experience in both radio and television stretching for more than 25 years. His CV boasts reporting for CBS in New York, CBC in Canada, Real Radio in the UK and RTE in Ireland following a 2 year stint as the Australian correspondent for the Canadian Economic Press. Tim now appears in various media as a specialist writing regular features for industry and consumer magazines. His writing covers a diverse range, generally concerned with media arts, however his interest in self development (derived from extensive travel and witnessing both the best and worst in people) also features heavily in his portfolio, which includes audio productions and video presentations as well.
- Author(s)MR Tim Stackpool
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication09/08/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight122 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.