Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Ricoeur to Action engages with the thinking of the French philosopher Paul Ricoeur (1913-2005) in order to propose invative responses to 21st-century problems actively contributing to global conflict. Ricoeur's ability to draw from a diverse field of philosophers and theologians and to provide mediation to seemingly irreconcilable views often has both explicit and implicit practical application to socio-political questions. Here an international team of leading Ricoeur scholars develop critical yet productive responses through the development of Ricoeur's thought with respect to such topics as race, environmental ethics, techlogy, political utopia and reinterpreting religion. Representing a new generation of Ricoeur scholarship that attempts to move beyond an exegetical engagement with his philosophy, this collection of original essays examines key problems in the 21st-century and the ways in which Ricoeur's philosophy understands the subtleties of these problems and is able to offer a productive response. As such it presents an elucidation of the practical significance of Ricoeur's thinking and an invative contribution to resolving socio-political conflicts in the 21st century.
- Author BiographyTodd S. Mei is Lecturer of Philosophy at the University of Kent, UK. David Lewin is Senior Lecturer in Philosophy of Education at Liverpool Hope University, UK, where he is co-director of Education Studies and director of the Philosophy of Education Special Interest Group.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication21/11/2013
- Series TitleBloomsbury Studies in Continental Philosophy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight397 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byDavid Lewin,Todd S. Mei
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.