Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionCentral to the collection s theme is the idea that [SNCC] was diffuse with different visions, and t a hierarchy. The approach was local, and the results hinged on the locality. . . . Adds much to the discussion of the nviolent resistance movement. Choice Provides fresh and original insights into the student protest movement of the 1960s. A must for anyone interested in the history of the SNCC or the civil rights struggle. Kevern Verney, Edge Hill UniversityThe contributors provide provocative analyses of such topics as the dynamics of grassroots student civil rights activism, the organizational and cultural changes within SNCC, the impact of the sit-ins on the white South, the evolution of black nationalist ideology within the student movement, works of fiction written by movement activists, and the changing international outlook of student-organized civil rights movements.
- Author BiographyIwan Morgan, professor of US Studies and Commonwealth Fund chair of American History at the University College London, is the author of numerous books including The Age of Deficits. Philip Davies, director of the British Library s Eccles Center for American Studies, has written widely in U.S. politics and is coeditor of America s Americans: Population Issues in U.S. Politics and Society.
- PublisherUniversity Press of Florida
- Date of Publication30/09/2013
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationFlorida
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Florida
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byIwan Morgan,Philip Davies
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.