All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionFrom Stuttering to Fluency: Manage Your Emotions and Live More Fully is the first book showing how to use evidence-based, cognitive behavioral therapy and selected stuttering modification techniques to eliminate stuttering. This inspirational how to book shows you why current stuttering therapies fail to produce lasting results. Unlike other books on the subject, From Stuttering to Fluency directly and systematically addresses the attitudes and emotions associated with stuttering. The emotional control techniques taught in this book show the person who stutters how to overcome fear and shame and live life to the fullest. From Stuttering to Fluency shows how an attitude of self-acceptance, combined with speech manipulation techniques, reduces blocks and struggling speech, and increases speech fluency.
- Author BiographyGunars K. Neiders, Ph.D.E.E., Psy.D. is a licensed psychologist in the State of Washington. Dr. Neiders provides in-person and internet based (Skype, Google Hangout) psychotherapy. These psychotherapy modalities are augmented by telephone and e-mail contacts. Dr. Neiders specializes in coaching - via Skype and Google Hangout - persons who want to minimize the frequency and severity of their stuttering and lead productive and emotionally fulfilling lives. The current book: From Stuttering to Fluency: Manage Your Emotions and Live More Fully is based on his coaching experience, work done with Albert Ellis (his mentor), as well as on his dissertation: Theoretical Development Of A Proposed Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy Based Model To Treat Persons With Chronic Perseverative Stuttering Syndrome, and his study of the Stuttering Modification techniques from speech and language pathologists. His website - www.stutteringpsychotherapy.com - contains a companion workbook From Stuttering to Fluency which is a step-by-step practical therapy manual for self-help and individual and group therapy settings. He is a member of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association as a Member without Certification and is a member of SID4, the Special Interest Group on Fluency and Fluency Disorders. He is a long time member (over 45 years) of the National Stuttering Association, where in the 1970s he was the local leader of the Seattle Chapter. Will Ross tutors REBT self-helpers and is the author and publisher of online REBT self-help materials. He is the webmaster and co-founder of REBTnetwork.org, established in 2006 to promote Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT) and the life & work of its creator, Dr. Albert Ellis, Ph.D. He is the author of A Guide to Shameless Happiness.
- Author(s)Gunars K Neiders Psy D
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication24/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.