Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
About this product
- DescriptionThis groundbreaking book presents a critical introduction to the cultural and political dimensions of contemporary Chinese cinema. Exploring the complex and shifting world of Chinese underground and independent film, leading Western and Chinese scholars trace the changing dynamics of Chinese film culture since the early 1990s as it moves away from underground and toward independence in the new century. With its fresh and kwledgeable analysis of Chinese underground and independent filmmaking, this book will be essential reading for all those interested in a society caught between socialism and global currents.
- Author BiographyPaul G. Pickowicz is professor of history at the University of California, San Diego. Yingjin Zhang is professor of literature at the University of California, San Diego.
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication11/08/2006
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleAsia/Pacific/Perspectives
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight558 g
- Width158 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byPaul G. Pickowicz,Yingjin Zhang
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.