All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $20.02Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionProvides a treatment of analytical methods of applied mathematics. It starts with a review of the basics of vector spaces and brings the reader to an advanced discussion of applied mathematics, including the latest applications to systems and control theory. The text is designed to be accessible to those t familiar with the material and useful to working scientists, engineers, and mathematics students. The author provides the motivations of definitions and the ideas underlying proofs but does t sacrifice mathematical rigour. From Vector Spaces to Function Spaces presents an easily-accessible discussion of analytical methods of applied mathematics from vector spaces to distributions, Fourier analysis, and Hardy spaces with applications to system theory; an introduction to modern functional analytic methods to better familiarize readers with basic methods and mathematical thinking; and an understandable yet penetrating treatment of such modern methods and topics as function spaces and distributions, Fourier and Laplace analyses, and Hardy spaces.
- Author BiographyYutaka Yamamoto is a professor at the department of Applied Analysis and Complex Dynamical Systems, Graduate School of Informatics, Kyoto University, Japan. He is a recipient of the G. S. Axelby Outstanding Paper Award of the IEEE Control Systems Society, the Commendation for Science and Technology by the Minister of Education in Japan, the Distinguished Member Award of the Control Systems Society of the IEEE and various other awards. He has authored or co-authored more than 200 journal or conference papers. He is currently President-elect of the IEEE Control Systems Society and past President of ISCIE Japan. He is a fellow of the IEEE and ISCIE, Japan.
- Author(s)Yutaka Yamamoto
- PublisherSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/08/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight770 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.