All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.13Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionWarehouse club shopping is thrilling. Walking down aisle after fluorescent-lit aisle of impossible-to-pass-up bargains, you fill your cart and tally the money you're going to save. Unloading the boxes and jugs, however, it becomes obvious that, while the way you shop for food may have changed, the scale of your refrigerator (and your stomach!) has t. So what do you do with the sixteen chicken breasts, the five pounds of oatmeal and the gallon of olive oil that you couldn't afford t to buy? You turn to From Warehouse to Your House: More Than 250 Simple, Spectacular Recipes to Cook, Store and Share When You Buy in Quantity by Sally Sampson, veteran cookbook author, working mom and accomplished warehouse shopper. Utilizing the fresh and packaged products available at the warehouse clubs and superstores, Sampson's flavorful recipes are simple eugh for a weeknight dinner and special eugh for entertaining and, if you're cooking for a couple or a small family, portioned so you can eat some, store some and even share some. Those boneless chicken breasts turn into New-Fangled Classic Chicken Noodle Soup, Curried Chicken Salad for lunch and Moroccan Chicken for the freezer. Three pounds of butter becomes Chipotle Butter to dress up a grilled steak or chicken breast, Cinnamon Butter for your morning toast and Chocolate Chip Cookies: a batch baked right away, a batch of dough for the fridge and a batch for the freezer. And that big box of oatmeal? When you're tired of hot cereal (maybe with some of the Cinnamon Butter?), try the Fruit Crisp or Oatmeal Lace Cookies. From breakfast coffee cakes to soups, appetizers, salads and dressings, sandwiches and entrEes, Sampson gives the home cook who buys big a wide variety of classic American recipes, as well as international dishes like Mexican Chicken Fajitas, Asian Ribs, Italian pastas and Jamaican Jerk Chicken. Sampson includes an essential pantry list, and amusing and informative tips and techniques that will help you make the most of your time, your money and your groceries, whether you're cooking for a small family or a small army.
- Author BiographySally Sampson is the founder of ChopChop magazine and the author and coauthor of numerous cookbooks, including the James Beard Award-nominated The $50 Dinner Party, Throw Me a Bone (with Cooper Gillespie), and The Olives Table (with Todd English). She has contributed to Self, Bon Appetit, Food & Wine, The Atlantic, The Boston Globe, and The Boston Phoenix. She lives with her family in Watertown, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Sally Sampson
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication01/12/2006
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster
- Content Note2-c
- Weight590 g
- Width187 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.